Tuesday, October 28, 2014

What I Miss About You

What I miss most about you.

Your smiles. I have a picture at my desk of you two stinkers. You're not stink-y, but just stink-ers. Anyway, it was a near miracle that we got both of you to smile at the same moment to take that photo. But I am so glad you did, because it brightens my day every time I see it.

Of course I miss wrestling and tickling and racing you.

I also miss reading to you, and having you read to me.

Cuddling, especially at church, where I would tickle Gabriel's face to try to make him fall asleep.

Speaking of church, I miss hearing Joseph give a talk, read a scripture, or bear his testimony.

And I miss eating cereal with both of you.

Driving to McDonalds, eating at McDonalds, and watching you guys run super fast up and down the slides there. I miss watching you play with the toys we bring home. (Do you miss the toys after I throw them away?)

Taking bath, swimming, and going hot-tubbing at Papa and Gramma's. And eating dinner there with you, because the way you explain things to your grandparents is just different enough from the way you explain them to me. And I miss the way you get excited to go there.

I also miss you stories, the way you play in your fort, and the messes you make (though I don't miss cleaning them up).

I miss watching you sleep, and the way you wake up all groggy, confused, and quiet. I miss cuddling you when you're not quite ready to get the day started.

I really miss you guys.

When I get home, I wonder if I'll miss missing you.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They miss you too! Gabriel has been talking a lot about you to Jos. He tells her you are coming home soon and how you'll be here in time for his birthday party. Which he has been planning with her- a Spider Man theme party. Daisy will have a small SM costume, he'll have a small, Joseph will have a medium and you and I will have a large. I miss you doing all those things with them so I could have a moment of uninterrupted time. We look forward to seeing you soon.

    BTW: they both repeated "sinkers" with a Google right after I read the post to them.

    ReplyDelete