Sunday, June 15, 2014

Boys, Was I Wrong!

Hey guys. It's Fathers Day, so I'm thinking about you.

I am one lucky hombre. I have the coolest boys in the world. (They are also the stinkiest, but we don't have to dwell on that).

I decided to start writing to you this way, because I wrote you a lot of messages last time I went away with the Army. If you look at what I wrote almost four years ago, it's kind of weird to think about:
This is my last post as a deployed father. Next week you'll be in my arms.
But I was wrong! Sort of. I am a deployed father again, so I have a lot of posts to write to you.

Difference is, now I have two boys instead of one! You see the title of this blog is "Letters to Joseph." So I am going to change it. What do you like better, "Letters to Joseph and Gabriel" or "Letters to My Boys"? You can choose.

I am so proud of you two. It is really neat to get the pictures that momma send to me, so even though I'm not there with you I can watch you grow up.

Joseph-- you're getting so big and smart. You're practically a young man now.

Gabriel-- you are the cutest kid ever. I love seeing you figure things out and be yourself.

This blog belongs to you. You tell mom what you want, and I'll write it for you. I can write stories, tell you what happens to me out here, or put up pictures.

I will still talk to you on Skype. And so will Gus. But when I'm not around, you can read this.

I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment