Saturday, November 29, 2014

Which Book Sounds the Best to You?

Today I'll tell you about six books! But I'll be brief. This list is all about thriller novels (do you remember what they are?).
 
Free Fire
A novel is a long story of fiction with many characters. Ready Player One is a novel, and so is Free Fire. One thing I like about these novels is that the main character, Joe Pickett, is a good man and a good dad. So even though he's not a real person in real life, he is a good example. I think I'll read more Joe Picketts. Plus this novel takes place at Yellowstone National Park. We went there with your cousins Eliza, Ben, Josh, and Sam a couple of summers ago. Now I want to go back and explore some more.
 
On the back of a book called, Bad Luck and Trouble, a reviewer calls the Jack Reacher series, "utterly addictive." I agree. Thrillers never really interested me that much. But Jack Reacher is different. He is the main character in a bunch of different books. Each book tells a different story, but the man Jack Reacher is the hero in all of them. The four that I've read out here so far are:
  • Killing Floor
  • Persuader
  • The Enemy
  • Bad Luck and Trouble
The name of the first book kind of tells yout what they are like. People get killed. But what I like about these books is that Jack Reacher always does what's right. So if he kills someone, it's because that person was a really bad guy who hurt others. In one of the stories, Jack goes with his brother Joe to visit their mother in France. She is dying, so she tells her two boys important things. To Joe she says, "you don't need to solve all the world's problems at once." To Jack, who is really big and strong, she says, "you will use that strength to do do the right thing."

Hidden Order
The hero in this book is named Scott Harvath. He figures out who is behind some crimes that are really nasty. It turns out that the leaders of a really big bank have killed some people to make sure that the bank gets to keep it's power. What I like about this book is the dialogue between Scott and the woman character. It is smart and sometimes funny. "Dialogue" is the word that refers to how people talk to one another. So if Joseph and Gabriel are having a conversation-- talking to one another-- they are in dialogue. When I write a novel or a story, I want to write fun dialogue between my characters.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment