Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving and Beautiful Weather

I really hope you ate lots of Turkey. Because if you ate lots, it means the Turkey was good. And as the central feature of the holiday, if the Turkey was good, it means the day was probably a success.

It was pretty good here. Though not a total success. I'm still packing, because we are leaving Afghanistan soon. Packing to leave a country forever is kind of hard. It's a bit stressful, even though I am excited to leave, because it's such a big change. I'll probably never come back. So I can't forget anything.

And knowing that I'll never come back, I have to say goodbye to a lot of people. And then we'll be travelling for a few weeks, moving from one tent to another, one barracks to another, living out of a duffel and sleeping on used mattresses. I won't be comfortable again until I am home with you.

But the thought of that makes any hardship bearable.

The weather is still great here. This video is of sunrise here at Bagram on Thanksgiving Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment