Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Slacking


August is almost over. (Slightly more than halfway through is almost over for me, the optimist.) That means that we will hold each other in less than three months.

Time has been flying, by many measures. You are almost A YEAR OLD! Last year at this time I was missing you and your mama, stuck doing the Army thing back East. I can't believe that you've come this far, and I can't wait to see you keep going.

But I have to confess, I haven't got as much accomplished as I'd hoped. First of all, it's been since we jogged in the park back in June (and my last APFT before that) since I've put in a really solid workout. Who knows if we'll be tested again, but one of my goals was to go home in really excellent shape.

I have also slacked off on my French. It was going very well for a while, but not lately. Finally, I wanted to complete one more online Army course. It is extremely interesting, but very deep and time-consuming.

You might get the idea that this summer has made me lazy, but in reality I've been busier than ever. (I'm not even going to start on about whether my Army job has followed the same trajectory.)

To the contrary, I have been writing...A TON!. I just finished a complete draft of my book, and I'm very excited.

I will start working out on Thursday, back to my previous routine. Rosetta Stone is very helpful, and your grandma needs it to learn Portuguese while she is in Brazil, so in a show of solidarity, I will redouble my efforts, starting now. And that Army course will have one more graduate by October...I promise.

But I also need to keep writing, and I have a website to promote. It's going to be a crazy three months.

But we'll have plenty of fun when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment