Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Watching You Grow from Afar

I have seen you all over the place lately: Los Angeles, Sacramento, Vacaville. You are getting to know your family, which is a great thing. Lots of people love you and will be there for you.

The Countdown is on from my end. I began tracking the days till see you from 100, about two weeks ago.

So, we are at about 82 days to go. I know it sounds precise, but we will not know exactly when we leave until a few days before, and then we'll have to go to Fort Lewis, Washington for a few days. There are 93 days between now and Thanksgiving, and we were promised that we'd be home by then.

In the past couple of weeks, I've got quite a bit accomplished. I spent some time with our Cavalry Soldiers, who did some highspeed training at a former Yugoslav airbase. I also went to the Church of the Black Madonna-- the place where Mother Teresa of Calcutta received her calling-- for the Day of Assumption of Mary, 15 AUG.

I have also spoken to your grandma and grandpa several times. They are in Brazil and getting the hang of keeping in touch with the world via the internet. It's never too late to learn!

But I can't wait to keep in touch with you, from close up! I love watching you play, and look forward to playing with you, 80-some-odd days from now.

1 comment:

  1. Looking back to our parents communication process, I don't know how we would have handled the time apart and the cost for telephone calls. I'm sure we would've figured it out. Could you imagine what it will be like for Joseph years from now?

    ReplyDelete