Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Welcome Fall!

We are now in the same season we were in last year when I left. I’ll dispense with the countdown this time, suffice it to say that my return home is just around the corner. And when I think of all the stuff I have to get done before then, it makes my head spin!

You’re growing fast, and I’m trying to keep up. A year has almost passed by, and I hope that I can look back and say that I accomplished a lot, grew as a person, and feel rewarded for having done it.

One challenge is to not get overwhelmed with things in life. Yes, a deployment is stressful, but so are a lot of other things that people do every day. Heck, I’m starting to think about going back to work—talk about stress!

Another challenge is to enjoy the moment. Goals are great. But I have to enjoy the book at least as much as I enjoy accomplished my goal of having finished it.

The final challenge is to be able to look back on something and say, “job well done.” Your mom has done that with you. You look great, healthy, strong, alert, and curious. I love it. I’ll report to her on my job when I get home.

So, it’s fall, and that means change, transition from fullness of life and energy to a time of rest. But let’s not slow down too much. We’ll make that transition, then there’s a lot of work to do, and more things to accomplish.

1 comment:

  1. J's mom is very proud of you. We can't wait to finally spend time with you in person. We love Skype, but if J bangs on or closes my laptop one more time, just so he could see you behind my computer I'm going to scream! J/K it's the cutest thing: I'm sure he's just excited and is looking forward to wrestling with you in person. We love you!

    ReplyDelete