Sunday, April 5, 2009

Back to School

The other day I went on a mission to a high school here in Kosovo. It was SO MUCH FUN!

I really miss teaching-- have since I started this deployment. But this visit really tipped me over the edge. It was crazy how comfortable I felt there! Kids are kids anywhere in the world, it seems.

Anyway, I was there to cover some medical Soldiers who were giving the kids a lesson in Optometry. You see, it was a medical high school, and all the coursework is designed to prepare the students for careers in medicine.

My battle buddy took this photo of me with a couple of the students (at their request.) Oh, the optometrists made me a nifty pair of glasses, called adaptive eyewear. New fashion trend?

I will continue to prepare myself to be a better teacher, and look for teaching jobs for when I get home.

1 comment:

  1. I know how much you love being in an academic environment - I'm glad you had the opportunity to do so in your deployment. I hope you'll have other opportunities like this. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete